Kick Start A Career in Care
Kick Start for Care is an exciting new scheme to attract new staff into your care setting. It’s aimed at those who haven’t worked in the sector before and who are looking for a change of career.
The Kick Start for Care scheme provides a £750 bonus for new starters into a CQC registered provider in Suffolk, so this is a great incentive for those looking to move into the Social Care Sector.
New starters are eligible for this bonus if they haven't been working in the care industry for the previous 2 years OR have come straight from education (e.g., college, sixth form, apprenticeship).
How can I get involved?
The criteria for this scheme are straightforward
- A care provider must employ the person for a minimum of 8 hours per week.
- The new starter must work for 12 weeks with the provider.
- We only accept applications submitted by employers.
- The Care provider must state in the first week of the person's employment that they have a new starter. The application will not be accepted if they don’t state in the first week that they have a new starter and this cannot be back-dated.
- The payment is released to the employer after week 12 for successful candidates. We will contact you when your new starter reaches this stage.
- The bonus payment for your employee is subject to the standard national insurance and PAYE contributions.
- This bonus payment MUST be paid in full to your employee within your next pay run.
- Failure to respond to our communications may result in your application being closed.
When recruiting a new starter, you need to apply using this form.
Care Development East will work with you to ensure that the individual is eligible and that they are in post at the end of the 12-week period. We will contact you by email to gain basic employment details such as a copy of their payslip and proof of bonus being paid to the employee. A follow-up letter may be sent to the employee to ensure that they received the bonus payment and to gather feedback.
If you have any questions about the scheme or would like any further promotional material, just contact Michaela@caredevelopmenteast.co.uk